Sharing the Future – Growing Sustainable Communities: How can Local Networks help Exchange Information and Support Sustainable Living
Hinweis: Das Thema kann nur auf Englisch behandelt werden
Look around you and think about how you can help your neighborhood become more sustainable. We can share or co-invest in many goods and services with our neighbors, saving resources, making the solutions more affordable, and the results more reliable. Imagine your family wants to install PV. Would it be a good idea to let your community know about that? Maybe together, you can save on costs and add a battery for higher efficiency? What if your neighbor plans to buy an EV and is ready to be your customer to charge his car with truly green power and help you benefit from your project financially. Think about your local community (neighborhood), often connected via some communal facebook or another platform (or a website to communicate, sell/exchange things, report issues/ask questions). What can you integrate into such a platform, e.g., PV+battery cost calculator and annunciator, to support decisions helping economic and environmental sustainability? Can community web pages help with recycling? What other options or tools can be included in community platforms to promote our well-being.
1. What personal (single family-level) decisions may affect the community’s well-being and sustainability?
2. What energy, materials, other resources can be used (or invested in) cooperatively or in coordination with local neighbors?
3. What energy savings, CO2 reduction, and other benefits stem from one family’s decisions or choices?
4. What else is a part of sustainability and may affect our future?
5. What may impede the development of the sustainable community, i.e. why your suggestions or solutions may not work?
6. How do communities differ? Can your proposal work everywhere or suitable only for either a city or a village?
7. How may you need to educate or inform people to make your ideas work?
8. Who shall support a sustainability platform financially or enthusiasm is enough?