M.I.T. Media Internet Technology
1. What is M.I.T?
We want to advance the digitalisation in companies with our certificate called M.I.T (Media- Internet-Technology-certificate). With the completion of this certificate, everybody has the opportunity to gain basic knowledge in digital media as well as learning exactly what the employers just need. This is made possible by the fact that the training for the certificate of experts is offered by various companies. Since our target group mainly consists of future applicants, we would like the training for the certificate on the school’s premises and promote M.I.T there. The lessons take place outside the regular school time and is free of charge for all those who have registered for it. The schooling specialists are provided by the companies.
2. But what benefit is it to a company to finance the certificate if it is possible that the trainee will be transferred to another employer?
Our certificate is unique. When many companies support us, there will be less effort for the individual as if only a few companies would help us. And then there is the fact that M.I.T is free of charge for everybody. That means that decision whether you are able or not to make this certificate does not depend on how much money you have.
3. How do we want to implement the certificate?
Our team has decided to test our certificate, which was built up through our surveys to companies, in a small area like the Saarpfalz-district. For this purpose, we would ask a variety of companies to support us, and the schools for possible premises, as well as our certificate there and in other locations.
The 3 steps to the certificate would be:
- test previous knowledge and if candidates are eliminated
- training by company representatives
- completing and handing over the certificate
4. Why is the certificate useful for me?
Through the training for the certificate, the future employee learns the following knowledge which is currently needed and therefore has better chances when applying. The employer can see in which areas the applicant has been trained in.
5. What is taught at M.I.T?
These are the four modules of M.I.T. In addition, there is what the companies currently offer is needed and teach the provided professionals.
- Basics in computer science. How does a computer work? The binary system, logic gate, construction of a computer
- Word processing and spreadsheets, dealing with office programmes
- Basic knowledge of programming languages. How are regular programming languages constructed? Basic knowledge of C and Java.
- Databases. Dealing with data warehouse systems. Basic skills in SQL.
Nicht vergessen: M.I.T. ist besser als ohne!