The YES! – Young Economic Summit is the largest German school competition on economic and social challenges for teams of the grades 10 to 12.
Students, in close cooperation with researchers of renowned economic research institutions, develop their own solutions for regional and global challenges in the economy, society, politics and environment.
They present their ideas at regional conferences and discuss them with experts from the fields of business, politics, academics and international institutions.
The best solutions of each region – selected only by the participating students – compete at the national final in September to become the winning solution of the YES! – Young Economic Summit.
The National Final 2018 took place on September 27/28. Twelve teams from four regions presented their solutions, discussed with experts and enjoyed two exciting and inspiring days in Hamburg.
The winning teams:
- Fritz-Erler-Schule Pforzheim II: High Five – Five Ways to Make a Change
- Cecilien-Gymnasium Düsseldorf: 1Feedback – Let’s Make the Internet a Fair Place for Trading
- Gesamtschule Waldbröl: YES, we care – Bring Young and Old Together for a Generation-appropriate Care System
YES! Facts and Figures
- 11 partner institutions in 5 regions
- More than 150 researchers have taken part in the YES!
- More than 100 different challenges were introduced by the researchers
- Over 100 teachers and more than 1000 students worked on YES! solutions
- More than 100 international experts from politics, business, and civil society joint the discussions with the teams
Subscribe to get the latest news on the current competition and upcoming deadlines for applications and topics.
The YES! newsletter is free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
You find more details on our site for data protection.